Saturday, March 21, 2020






So, I had a weird day.  Well, we’re all having weird days, every day.  But, I am posting this soothing photo of my willow tree instead of what I actually experienced today.  Illness. Honest to goodness illness and then panic.

I have the chart of Covid/Cold/Flu symptoms but the problem for me and probably many of you is that I ALSO have allergies.  So, it’s not so cut and dried.

I was sitting in bed reading late morning.  I just had thin jammies on and the window cracked. I started to get cold but didn’t want to close the window.  I finally did b/c I was starting to shiver.  Then Mark came up to hang out.  I got up and went downstairs to grab a hoodie, then climbed back into bed.  Shaking so hard my stomach muscles were hurting.  Mark grabbed a 2nd down comforter and then enveloped me.  Could not stop shaking.  But, no coughing.  No coughing.

I didn’t feel cold any more, just couldn’t stop shaking.  I told him to go on downstairs.  He took my temperature first.  Yup – fever.  He brought me tea and these things called Aussie Bites that we always have (had) around.  He insisted that I eat so that my body could try to stabilize.

By 2 hours into this, I honestly could not tell whether I was shaking from fear or an illness.  My stomach hurt, I pulled a couple muscles.  Still had a fever.  Called Virginia Mason then waited for the nurse to call.  Decided to get out of the sun for a while then check the fever again.  Lower.  The nurse told me I was doing everything right and to keep resting and drinking water.  If a cough develops or the fever spikes and sticks around for a couple days, call back.

Now, lower still.  Whatever this is, it’s hit Mark now.  I am downstairs for the first time today, and not for long, and he is collapsed on the bed. 

Send those good thoughts my way.  I think I’m better.  Could probably use a humidifier if anyone has one.  

Deep breath.


No comments: