Friday, March 20, 2020

Greetings from Ground Zero - March 20 BRIEF UPDATE


March 20

Right now, probably the most important thing for our families is food supply.  For me, I've decided that ensuring some random awful glitch doesn't completely throw my planning off base is my Top Priority.  For me, I want to be sure my mom is comfortable, I am nurturing my seeds to grow into plants that will become food, and to make sure the food stock I have stored in my freezer doesn't accidentally rot b/c the circuit breaker blew and I didn't know it.  So, I decided to make this list and put it on the fridge where we can check things off each day.  

In what I consider a brilliant, albeit late, move, the Army Corps of Engineers will be commandeering and turning into makeshift hospitals all those empty dorms that universities have now that they've sent students home, as well as hotels and other venues.  THANK GOD.  One of the biggest challenges of this crisis is the lack of hospital beds.  So - GREAT IDEA.

Otherwise, a weird day for me.  May or may not write more later.  Beautiful day here and got lots of work done, but really had to cope with rolling waves of panic in a way that I haven't before today.

Probably no greenhouse shindiggy thing this weekend.  Let's see what the universe has in store over the coming days.  I will try to clean it out so that its potential is at least better poised.  I have flour coming in a few days and will start making bread.

Be well -



No comments: