Sunday, February 1, 2009

On the Mend

No, no photo for this one. Just a brief update for any and all who are curious about my progress on the healing front.

A recap: I mysteriously fractured my tailbone in my sleep January 2nd. I had a CT scan and a doctor's visit (both things I meticulously avoid) and got my marching orders on no bending and no lifting (uh...ok....)

I was told 6 weeks by my doc and 8 weeks by my husband and so far we are managing the farmwork, with a few hiccups, OK. I am half-way there by Mark's benchmarks. At present, I actually feel almost fine - about 80% or even 90% with a glass or two of wine - but if I stand too long or walk too much, the fracture lets itself be known.

But, it's not been as awful as it could have been. A leg or even an arm would spell true hardship 'round here as I struggle to get around on crutches or in a sling.

Thanks, all, for your support.

No comments: