Monday, January 11, 2010

It's January!


It's finally Twenty-Ten and everyone I know couldn't be happier about that. Our regular Vashon winter weather has finally arrived along with my personal January tradition of starting out the year with a weird injury. This time, I woke up with a swollen achilles tendon and heard cries of warning from friends and family. So, between staying off my tendon and nursing a persistent cold, I'm taking today off.

Five acres of soggy mess means that I have a lot of furry company up here on the second floor. Jessie, Buster, and Karona have apparently agreed on a temporary cease-fire in favor of flaking out and providing background music of kitty sno
res and the occasional doggy dream bark.

The rooster crows from beneath the truck and the sheep wisely spend this morning huddled in their stalls. And that wondrous wet stuff lies in ever-widening puddles as far as the eye can see.

Happy New Year.


No comments: